1. Bridget (Bessie) Thompson was born October 8, 1852 and baptized on October 10, 1852 at St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Limerick City, County Limerick, Ireland. She married Patrick Madigan on February 24, 1878 in Chicago. She died in Chicago, December 31, 1935. For additional information about the Madigan/Thompson family see the Madigan/Thompson Genealogy Blog.
2. Mary Ellen Thomas was born c1855, most likely in County Limerick, Ireland. She married Charles Hallaran on December 2, 1877 in Chicago. On January 10, 1906, she died of bronchial pneumonia. Charles and Mary Ellen had ten children. Refer to the Thompson/Hallaran Marriage post for a list of their children. Mary Ellen Hallaran is buried in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Chicago.
Hallaran - Ellen (nee Thomas) wife of the late Charles Hallaran, mother of Mrs. Berr (sic Burr), Mrs. Parent, Mrs. Hannah and John Hallaran. Funeral Friday at 9 a.m. from late residence 375 29th St. to St. James Church, where high mass will be celebrated, thence by cars to Mount Olivet, 49th and Halsted Sts depot. Chicago Daily News, January 11, 1806, Page 18. Thursday.
3. Patrick Thomas was baptized August 26, 1857 at St. Mary's Church, Limerick City, County Limerick, Ireland. It is believed Patrick died in Ireland prior to the immigration of the Thomases on September 8, 1866.
4. James Thomas was baptized at St. Mary's Church, Limerick City, County Limerick, Ireland on February 28, 1860. He married Bridget Kennedy at St. Mary's Church, Chicago, Illinois on October 22, 1893. They had two children:
- John F. born September 29, 1894, married Lillian Flahiff (1890-1985) in 1920s, died July 4, 1966. Both buried in Assumption Cemetery, Glenwood, Illinois. Children: John A. Thomas and Dolores C. Thomas Lauer.
- Raymond Patrick born June 11, 1899, married Bertha in 1920s, died January, 1973. He is buried in St. Mary's Cemetery, Evergreen Park, Illinois. Children: James Thomas
Thomas - James Thomas, beloved husband of Bridget (nee Kennedy) father of John and Patrick, brother of Mrs. B. Madigan. Past president of division 19 A.O.H. Funeral Thursday at 9:30 a.m. from late residence, 5725 S. Fairfield to St. Clare of Montefalco Church. Interment Holy Sepulchre, Yards 0662. Chicago Daily News, February 16, 1932, Tuesday,
5. Martin Thomas was baptized on November 11, 1862 at St. Mary's Church, Limerick City, County Limerick, Ireland. He contracted tuberculosis and died single on May 7, 1898 in Chicago, Illinois. He is buried in Mount Olivet Cemetery, Chicago. Unable to locate death notice.
6. Marian/Mary Thomas was baptized on September 19, 1865 at St. Mary's Church, Limerick City, County Limerick, Ireland. It is believed she died in Ireland sometime before the Thomases immigrated in September, 1866.
7. John Thompson was born in Chicago, c 1867 and died at age 11 on January 1, 1879 in Chicago. He is buried in Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Illinois. Unable to locate a death notice.
8. Lillian Thomas was born on June 22, 1869 in Chicago, Illinois. She married twice. First to John Linton Vallely on December 26, 1886. They had one child: William Vallely born October 9, 1887. It is believed she and John Linton Vallely were divorced. She married George Davis on June 27, 1903. When Lillian died on July 22, 1928, she is listed as a widow. It is of note that the doctor who signed her death certificate is J. Linton Vallely. Lillian is buried with her parents in Mount Olivet Cemetery, Chicago.
Davis - Lillie Thomas Davis, of 7837 S. Union Av., beloved mother of William Vallely. Funeral from chapel, 1503 W. 51st St, Tuesday, July 24 at 9 a.m. to St. Leo's Church. Interment Mount Olivet. Reservations call Yards 4765. Chicago Daily News, July 23, 1928, page 32